“Food is such a huge part of life and if we aren’t at least a little excited about it, it dims the excitement of life.”
In Emily Bown’s nutrition counseling practice, her bubbly and excitable personality shines through. She aims to energize her clients while at the same time creating a safe space for them to voice their concerns and grow.
Emily’s passions for mental health and nutrition have led her to specialize in eating disorders/ disordered eating (orthorexia, obsessive eating, etc.), anxiety/depression around food, intuitive eating (whatever that means to you), and body kindness/empowerment. Emily loves connecting with people at a deeper level and making food fun again. She believes that food makes life more exciting and memorable and shouldn’t control your life–let’s learn to love ourselves in every stage of life; Emily is here to show you just that.
Certifications and Credentials
- MS Clinical Dietetics || Grand Rapids State University, MI
- BS Applied Nutrition (Minor: Psychology) || California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Intuitive Eating PRO Skills Training
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- The International Federation of Eating Disorder Professionals
Emily in the Media
- NEDA Walk In San Luis Obispo, CA || Get Busy Thriving + Follow Up Post
- What is Intuitive Eating with Emily Marr || Sneakz Organic
- Conversations with the Inspiring Emily Marr || SDVoyager
To speak with Emily about her services, you can contact her directly at (209) 406-6754 or EmilyNutrition@cottonwoodpsychology.com. You can also view our pricing options on our Fees & Payments page.
Emily Bown works with Cottonwood Psychology Center to offer nutrition counseling in Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Villa Park, Tustin, Santa Ana, Irvine, Orange and surrounding areas.